So recently I created a youtube channel where I am going to post vlogs and other lifestyle and college videos! If you guys could go subscribe to the channel so when I upload you don’t miss out that would be great! Also, comment some video ideas you would like to see! Subscribe here.
I recently received my final grade report from my college and I am pretty happy with my grades, my classes this semester were pretty challenging due to the fact that I had just started classes for my major. I thought I would reflect back on my classes and the experiences I had in them to provide insight if you guys are taking similar courses! Here is my original post explaining what classes I took spring 2018.
COM 267: Introduction to Debate
- Much to my surprise, this class ended up being one of my favorites, mainly because of how amazing my professor was. Basically, the class was based on teaching us the basics of debate like the different types of propositions, the structures of debate and different tactics used when debating. We learned the content the first half of the semester and then the second half we picked a debate partner and were randomly assigned different debate topics. These debated were very interesting to prepare for and I ended up getting a 100% on both of them! We also had to write a term paper describing the different things we learned and how we applied them to our everyday life which I got an A on. Overall I ended the class with a B+ which is a lot better than I thought I was going to do originally!
PSY 250: Abnormal Psychology
- This class was one of my harder classes, the content was very hard to learn because there was just so much of it. We had 6 exams, each covered 3 chapters which ended up being about 150 pages of reading and note-taking from a huge book which I do not do the best when it comes to studying from a book. The content was however very interesting to learn, some things we learned about were the different types of mental disorders, therapies for disorders, legal aspects of clinical psychology and much much more. I ended the class with a B, I was more than happy to get this grade because I felt as though the class was very difficult.
HSC 203: Leadership for Health Professions
- This was probably my easiest class mainly because the content was things like resume building, leadership skills, teamwork and different talks about how to prepare to enter the healthcare field. This was my first class that was not only required for my major but also the first look I got to the Health Administration career which was pretty interesting. I ended this class with an A which I expected to and I made some amazing friends in the class as well.
REL101WI: Introduction to World Religion
- I took this class online and man am I glad I did, the class was simple and kind of boring at times. It was a writing intensive meaning I had to write 3 papers throughout the course which I did pretty well on. The content of the class was easy to understand and I learned about the major 5 religions and everything about them between the origin of them and how they are in the world now. I received a B+ in this class which I did earn because I tended to slack off when it came to this class because I would forget to do some things until the day they were do because it was online and I was focused more on my other classes.
HSC 317: Community Health
- I absolutely hated this class due to the difficulty of the online format. The content was impossible to learn and the exams were some of the hardest exams I have ever taken in my life. The teacher for this course was amazing and if it was not for her I probably would have failed the course and had to retake it. I would recommend taking this class in person just because of how important the content it to know for the future! I barely scraped by with a B- and I am so relieved that I did not get a C in the class as that would have tanked my GPA!
Overall this semester was pretty tough, tougher than my first semester which I was not expecting. Just remember that it is okay to get B’s and C’s, college is hard and it is okay to struggle here and there. Always reach out to professors and other students for help because that is the only way you are going to get help! I wish you all the best of luck in your upcoming endeavors!
How did your classes go this semester?
Don’t forget to subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
If you guys have any questions about college or life, in general, ask me them on Twitter!
Want to be a style ambassador for dormify.com? Click Here!
Keep up with me on my social media
Use my Sand Cloud Towels Discount Code to save 25%! :KarlaSm25